View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
entropy1964

I love that post Dee. I have to share it with my kiddo, who is really struggling with 'this'. I have to put myself in her shoes...being born in a 911 world, with mass shootings a norm and now a pandemic. It's all she knows.

One of the reasons I absolutely love human history is because it helps me put 'things' in perspective. Yes, times are tough. Especially for those of us who are fortunate enough to be sitting on the internet, with our heaters on (depending where you are of course, maybe its AC), our dogs at our feet, food in our kitchens...'we' don't understand adversity or shortage. We don't live with it daily, as much of the world does. I think of India, where there is so much poverty. A shelter in place will literally kill people. I think of war torn areas....this pandemic doesn't even make the cut.

I don't know. Much of human history the masses struggled just to survive. Child birth was a deadly undertaking. I think in some ways 'we' are at our best when we must come together to defeat a 'foe' whatever that foe may be.

When we aren't struggling, when we are fat and over indulged, it seems we create ways to struggle. We are depressed, anxious, addicted, self absorbed. I dunno what I'm saying.

Maybe something good will come out of this.