View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 10:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi SmartRose, sorry you are in such a difficult situation.

As you know, you only have 2 choices. Either live with him or have him leave. He obviously has no intention of quitting the pills, so really those are your options.

You can't fix him. You are also not his Mother or caretaker or the person in charge of his life, that's his job. Could he end up on the street and end up sick? Absolutely. Might that not happen, also absolutely. There is no way you can keep him safe from himself. He is buying drugs on the street, how are you doing to keep him safe from that?

My point is, your guilt is a false guilt. It happens to all of us sometimes, but it has to be identified for what it is. Are you doing something wrong by protecting yourself and your foster children? No. So that's false guilt.

You have been entrusted with your foster children and I'm sure you want what's best for them, a good stable environment, not for them to be taken on a drug run! Is that the story you want him to tell his children? I was put in a foster home with a drug addict and he took me on a drug run.

You have made your boundary, he doesn't have to like it. What is your action if he refuses to move out, or is that not a problem?

You are on the right path. Stay strong.