View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 09:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Robbie64

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Walking has always been my go-to activity for exercise and peace of mind and I'm determined to keep that up. It's been a learning curve these last few days and somewhat frustrating because clearly, not everyone, is interested in social distancing. I felt a lot of anger initially, because I couldn't understand why people would not listen to the medical professionals. But, since it appears I can't magically make people behave the way I'd like , I'm making some changes. I'm walking at different times - early in the morning and supper time - times when less people are out. And, I'm being more flexible with my route. We can get through this.
Walking is my go-to activity as well for both exercise and peace of mind. Thankfully where I live, despite it being an urban area, there's plenty of open spaces and over the years I've been able to work out the best routes to walk to avoid people (that goes back to the days when i would sweat profusely following a three or four day binge session with alcohol and would get very embarrassed if anyone saw me) so have those routes I can walk.

I aim to walk for about 20 minutes a time three times a day. I've worked out that in 20 minutes I walk about a mile (1.6km) so that's three miles a day minimum.