Old 03-15-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
helpfultoothers

Originally Posted by Dragonflydreams View Post
I had a similar situation. My ex boyfriend is living in a sober house for meth and alcohol addiction. He said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. Two weeks later he said his feeling were not as strong for me and that I needed to let him go. We haven’t talked since Feb. 25th. Does anyone have experience with meth that can shed some insight on why he is now on a online dating site, dressing differently, and hanging out with people I have never seen or met. We were together for two years. He has alienated all of his family and good friends. He has also abandoned his 8 year old daughter. He lies all the time. Why girls on a dating site when he doesn’t have time for us? And he says he loves me very much. Makes no sense. It hurts
I dated a similar guy who is living in a sober living environment for meth and alcohol, and he did cocaine before that. Meth does crazy stuff to one's brain. I had another one just drop me for no reason and block me when he's 6 years in recovery for meth.

He also was on a dating app and said that relationships hurt so much that he just wants FWBs. I had to ask myself why do I want to be with someone like that who hurts me so badly? It's tough to let go, but he's blocked now and I haven't spoken to him since October.