Old 12-08-2005, 02:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeamMeUpScotty

I admitted my alcolholism tonight for the first time

Hello,

As you can see, I'm new to the forums. Recently I was informed that I'm to be hired for a new job, which should be reason for celebration. As I feared, there was a required health check. I went to the clinic tonight and my bloodpressure (sp?) was high (178/108). When the doctor came in to talk to me, I finally worked up the courage to do what I've been wanting to do for years and I admitted I'm an alcoholic. I was very nervous but I know it's the right thing to do, as I am worried about my health.

At least I took the first step, but I'm worried about staying sober and also about the possibility of not being able to be hired for the job. I just got back from the clinic and I poured out the alcohol I had in the apartment. I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight.

I'm really worried that if I don't get the job due to this that it'll send me down in a spiral. I'm going to talk to my friends tonight and I'll call my parents in a few hours (I live in Japan, so they're still sleeping), so I know there will be support, but I know from a previous experience that having people to talk to who've been through the same experiences in invaluable.

I appreciate any advice help you can give.