View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
jr67

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Jr! 50 days...i'm in it for the century. Only 4 more days and I'll have reached the longest period of sobriety EVER!!!

I already have the wiki page up for Mr. McLuhan...sounds like my kinda guy

Feeling pretty good because I found out this morning my bone density hasn't been compromised by all the drinking. I found out by taking a fall down the stairs leaving my house. There was ice on the steps. Got a few bruises but I'm good. The kids waiting for the bus had a good laugh! So happy I could entertain them...NOT!
OK, S45, we're on for 100 days; I think it works out to April 11 (with 2 January 2020 being Day 1).

Preliminary congratulations on surpassing your 53-day sobriety record. Every day since our Day 31 has been a new record for me.

I guess that century commitment means I'll be telling peeps that I'm in a Dry March soon (so far, I've told them "Dry January," then "Dry February and we'll see after that," so next up, Dry March (I could say, "Dry Tax Season" to cover the period until our century-mark and beyond) (U.S. tax returns are due April 15). Pretty soon people will stop asking, I assume; most people are not really that interested; a few "problem drinker" friends may be especially curious, but for most others it's nbd.

That's good news about your bone density, but one might question the practicality of your investigatory technique.

I remember the time in high school, must have been winter in my junior year (before I had a car), I missed the school bus, saw it go by my house, so I ran in the icy slick streets around a couple of corners to where I knew the bus would be passing another bus stop in about 3 minutes. Sure enough, I had about 100 yards to go, running full speed, books and loose papers tucked under my arm, when the bus driver and all the students on the now-full bus could see me approaching so the bus waited for me and all eyes had to be on me.

What a great time for my feet so slip out from under me and cause me to high kick, the height would probably make a Radio City Rockette jealous (and with both legs!), and come crashing down somewhere on my sacroiliac, books and papers raining down around me.

Quite a show for the waiting multitudes on the bus. The driver continued to wait as I collected my possessions and myself (all of myself, that is, except my dignity, which was left, bruised but not broken I am happy to report, on that icy side street for the morning).

I got a round of applause as I staggered down the aisle of the bus, 15 shades of red.

I'm keeping on practicing posting photos, so here goes another:

[Edit: Lol I gotta work on my image resizing technique.]