View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CrystalBlue

Originally Posted by racingthoughts View Post
It's pretty clear to me that cannabis can help manage the symptoms of a lot of medical maladies. Who am I to judge? I personally wouldn't ever be able to consider using mmj myself, but that's just me.

I will say to you that there are two things in your post that stand out to me. The first is that you use weed to help with a couple of psychiatric issues; with those being insomnia and depression. I'm not a medical professional, but what I've heard from one is that THC affects the brain in a myriad of ways, whereas most pharmaceuticals affect it in very specific ways (not saying that one is better than the other, but they seem different in this regard). Because of this, he told me that it's harder to detect what's doing what when cannabis enters the picture as a psychiatric medical agent. This makes sense to me personally, as I was someone who decided that weed really helped my insomnia and depression, when it really just made them worse in the long run. Not trying to diagnose your situation. I'm just offering some food for thought based on my own experiences.

The second thing that strikes me are your claims regarding all the other substances you're eliminating from your life. Weed still hits your dopamine receptors in the ways that alcohol and opiates do, so I question whether or not your brain's recovery will be hindered by continued consumption. I'd also remain vigilant regarding any emerging addictive behaviors surrounding your weed usage. You might be surprised by the ways in which an addict's brain tries to feed its urge once its drug(s) of choice are removed. When I got clean, I initially found myself dabbling in other addictive behaviors I hadn't ever engaged in before.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum!
Thank you! Great food for thought!!!