View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Sober45

Hello All! Just finished catching up on all the great new posts. We’re all going through a lot of “firsts” and it’s so great to see the successes! Of course, we may some bumps along the way as well.

ButterMarsh I’m with you 1000%. We get to choose our perspective on things. I could take the view that I have a terrible disease and will be fighting the urge for the rest of my life. But that’s such a depressing thought for me. And if I think I’m going to crave then I certainly will. We are what we think we are. I prefer to view things much like you do in that I really concentrate a lot on how alcohol is a lie and how lucky I am to be in the “know”. But I’m still on guard because the old thought patterns are still lurking I’m sure.

in regards to tv shows, I’m staying away from anything that glamorizes drinking because drinking is ridiculous. HA! According to Public Health Ontario “Alcohol is a leading risk factor for disease, disability and premature death in Canada.” There’s a giant money making industry out there that wants us to drink. its awful that drinking has become the norm in most societies.

I have, however, taken in a few episodes of Intervention, something I couldn’t watch when I was drinking.

Jr, Glad your trip went well!