View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mango212
Life is good

Lol. Perspectives can be many things. My experience is very little contact with him, especially as he is either in early recovery or not in recovery. I'm not even sure where he current lives.

I was blessed to have a day in October kayaking on a mountain lake. My husband was able to show up. I had the thought resonating through me that I was seeing and experiencing a miracle, and also a very real awareness he wasn't done drinking yet. To enjoy the sober day with him, simply for what it was. I haven't seen him since. I'm okay with that. Higher Powered stuff. I deserve, want and value having more in my life. I know how to enjoy my life fully in this one day, and allow great foundations for tomorrow. My marriage situation is fully in God's hands.

Through the CPS case and DS13 currently living with his sister, I'm out of getting to guide how things look in any regards to toxic family members. Even as my CPS case likely winds up in another month, it's also the start of my next legal recourse.

I posted the above link in awareness of a have a still young-ish child/teenager who has an alcoholic father with narcissistic behaviors and other issues.