View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
DaisyBelle7

I think it’s difficult for us to understand drinking from a different viewpoint because we are addicts. Every single time I drank, I was drinking to get drunk. I just wondered what it would be like to be a non-addict and have a glass or two of wine with dinner. I don’t care why they do that... just what it feels like to be someone who isn’t drinking just to get drunk. Some people who have an occasional glass or two have never been drunk in their lives. That’s just so foreign to me that I find it fascinating.

Cynix, I can’t stand being around drunk people. When I’ve tried to quit in the past, and I’ve gone to parties and stayed to the point that people were drunk, it scared me. I think it’s stuff from my past, and that drunk people are so unpredictable - slurring their words to the point that they don’t make sense, thinking these are funny when they’re not, hanging all over me. It’s not fun to be a sober person when people are falling down drunk. I commend you for getting through all of that. Also, very happy that your medical tests came back normal. I know it’s fristrsting not having answers though.

Suze, that must’ve been very scary for you. I find it sad, because I’ve done this too, that when we think of only us, we don’t care that we’re hurting ourselves. However, when we think of our pets, friends and family, it’s an eye opener. I do care now because I can see how me being hurt or sick does affect my loved ones, but when we’re in the throws of addiction, we just don’t see that.