View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
venuscat

I never drank out of boredom.
And I never once thought I will just have one glass.
Before I had my first drink of the day (5-6pm, whenever I got home), I had planned the night out completely including walking around the corner to get dinner and turning off my phone (to avoid those woopses).

It was party party every single night. And I knew I was going to be in hell the next day. But I told myself I didn't care....it was worth it. It was awesome. Booze, good food and a movie.

And then I needed more alcohol to get the happy and I was falling into the abyss. The night I drank 2 litres of chardonnay only to wake up to my cat being gravely ill was my greatest shame. Venus survived and got better, and I never did that again.

That was January 2013.
I tapered off for a few days because I was really scared of seizures, and then I came (back) here and joined the Feb'13 class thread.

I did relapse for a few months in 2014, and it was horrendous. I thought I was going to die.

Not really sure why I wanted to say this this morning....

Drinking to unwind is not an issue (on occasion) for normal drinkers. But I am not one of those people. I know this as clearly as I know my name. And I think that having accepted this was really good for me.... s xx