View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
ButterMarsh

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Glad you had a good trip jr. Despite my SR name I've never been to The City.

Was thinking about what buttermarsh said. All the reading I've done and testimony I've heard. It's always "wish I could just drink one glass of wine, or whatever, like a normal person. Never thought of it like, why do I even want to drink a glass of wine with dinner? or two beers after work?
Exactly, CB. Why should we want that? It really is just a nasty habit we are conditioned into early in life. From a young age, we see our elders do it.. Then we get to 18 years and it becomes OK to do... Then we start to drink on the weekend to 'unwind', drink with dinner, at parties... Soon we're buying alcohol to have at home, then we're drinking everyday to counter boredom and before we know it, we're stuck. The beverage itself is highly addictive yet our society largely treats it like it's acceptable.

I realise that the majority of human beings are not alcoholics. However, even among non-alcoholics, a big number drink excessively at one or more points in their lives. I think we're missing something as the human race....

Well, I'm still pondering this line of thought and maybe someone else could throw some more light on it...?