View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
DaisyBelle7

sobermafia, yes!!! I’m so glad you mentioned that because I have thought the same thing over the past month. I watch all sorts of TV shows, and I’d say 95% of them have people drinking. However, one show I watch is Vanderpump Rules (I know, silly reality TV), and one of the women on there, Lala, started off this season saying that she’d been sober for 8 months. They are all young, work at various bars, and party hard. As I’ve watched the season, I’ve especially watched her. She goes out with her peers, and she drinks water. She’s surround by hard core drinkers, yet she remains firm in her sobriety. So, and I never do this, I DMd her on Instagram and told her how nice it was to see a sober person on TV, and I thanked her for sharing her sober journey. She wrote me back! She was very kind.

Anyway, I know that’s a long story, but I’ve been finding myself trying to look for the sober people in my TV shows, or I’ll watch the people drinking and see how they inevitably make fools of themselves (on “reality” TV anyway). On regular shows, I tell myself that they’re probably drinking water with food coloring. It can be very triggering though.