View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Cityboy

I've wondered if all classes are similar, but haven't taken the time to read through any of the other class threads. I would have to imagine that there are similarities in the stages that people go through. Everyone is different though with their own unique stories to tell, and each group of people is different.

I think that there is a healing strength or something that comes from opening yourself up and having other people do the same, and it certainly does help process the feelings that crop up.

I'm finding that some of the things I just didn't want to cope with were not as bad as I had thought. Many things are, just like I knew they were. At least I'm in a much better frame of mind for it.

Today is day 36 and I feel so much more confident about facing the challenges ahead. I've made it through the drive home from work enough now that I don't even really think about it. Made it through an out of town work trip, during which under previously ordinary circumstances I would have almost certainly drank nearly two cases of beer, but found local AA meetings instead. There are hard challenges yet to come. Work trips with my working/drinking buddies and the fishing trips that will start up soon will be perhaps the greatest challenges yet, but I feel much better prepared, thanks largely to SR and you guys. If I make it 120 days, I will have survived the majority of the worst challenges.

One of my sisters drinks a glass or two of wine most nights I thinks but is really a light weight compared to me. No one else in the family drinks to speak of. I still haven't talked to any of them about what I'm doing. Last night there was a group text going with my siblings and we were talking about the coronavirus. My brother said he thought he had the virus because he had drank too many coronas, which is a big joke because he probably never drinks beer unless he's with me. At least I was able to correspond last night without getting up this morning and being embarrassed about what I had said last night from being inebriated while texting my family.