View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
sobermafia

Originally Posted by DaisyBelle7 View Post
Good morning everyone! I did most of my drinking away from home, but there were the occasional parties with way too many booze bottles at the end of the night. Like you all mentioned, it’s so nice not to have that hanging over our heads anymore.

I have found that I’m eating like crazy. I think I’m depressed from my broken foot, daughter’s eating disorder, my surgery, etc. I’m definitely exchanging one addiction for another, which I know isn’t helpful. I need to work on that.

My mom (major anxiety producer) is coming over, uninvited, today. I hate seeing her. I’ve asked her very firmly two times not to offer my daughter food nor talk about her eating disorder. Both times she offered her food (behind my back). This morning she texted my husband asking if she could come over because she got us Valentine’s Day gifts. I hate Valentine’s Day and she knows this. I think it’s a stupid Hallmark holiday. Wanna bet she brings over candy to my anorexic and bulimic daughter? My anxiety is through the roof. Thank God I’m talking with my sponsor before my mom comes over. I’m talking with her about Step 4 so that will be very helpful.

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful because I know there are those who have lost their moms. My mom is incredibly unhealthy for me. She’s narcissistic, critical, controlling, disrespectful and manipulative. I never had a mom. From a very young age, I took over the role of mom... she’d ask me for advice on men she was dating, job offers she got, medical decisions. She continues to do this and now I tell her, “I don’t know. That’s your decision to make.” Sorry to get on a tangent. She just really triggers me and I know I need to go no contact. Just a stressful morning.
Hi DaisyBelle- my thoughts are with you. You have a full plate, and look at how strong you are. I'm glad you are posting here and talking to your sponsor today. I wish there was more that I could say or do, but I think you are pretty amazing for dealing with everything you are and making your sobriety/self-care a priority.

I'm entering Day 45, and the next couple of days are going to be hard. I'm just putting it out there. Today, my favorite great aunt is turning 100, so that's super exciting. We are having a big party for her tomorrow, but my mom who has health issues of her own is doing most of it, so I am helping her. So I spend half the party worrying about my mom, and the other half being stressed by the extended family.

I get annoyed that nobody else helps even though my mom has several ongoing health issues, and my dad will be crabby about the whole ordeal even though it's his aunt. (My dad is a narcissist). And today is always a tough day, as my two engagements were called off on Valentines Day several years ago. I never thought I would be single and in my 40s but here I am. And the extended family tomorrow.....I just love (sarcasm) the questions about why I am still single, etc.

So yes, I am posting here to put it out there. Life is sort of hard right now, and I want to be strong. So here I go, taking it minute by minute, hour by hour and one day at a time.