View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dontlookbacchus

Hi Classmates

Willow, I know all of our thoughts are with you. Well done pushing though, staying on course, despite so much sadness. This sober journey is our path to happiness. You can do it. I hope your new clear head may allow you to console a loved one around you.

Fishkiller, that was a great post and gave a lot of food for thought. For everyone. Like you said, avoiding situations while we are so fragile is a smart move. I haven't gone into sobriety details with anyone. Right or wrong, I don't feel it is their business. Maybe it is just that I am ashamed it got so far. I have no clue.

Sober45, I agree 100%. This year maybe too soon to put yourself in that situation. In the future, who knows ?Maybe it will be a writers cabin or home base for a photography excursion. The future is ours to rewrite now. Maybe the cabin could end up an oasis that you love.

Yesterday ended up bizarrely stressful, on lots of fronts, and I didn't drink. Got through the day and night. My AV was going nuts. Pushed through. Nobody said this was always going to be easy, I guess.

DB7. Great to have you back and on the mend.

Venus, thanks for that reminder how one simple light beer can set us back. I know that to be true.

Have a strong, happy and sober day classmates

dlb