View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi CrystalBlue

medicinal marijuana is kinda beyond the scope of this forum.

We (the SR staff) made it that way because it's easy to get bogged down in that area.

I wanted to create a space where it was ok to speak about the downsides of MJ use.

The folks here have been taken to hell and back by their addiction, so please on't be offended if we all seem a little 'one-eyed' in our approach.

I'll reserve the right now to close this thread if things get triggering for others or too heated.

I hope they won't

so...

I have chronic pain too.

I can only tell you my story which is that marijuana came to rule my life.
Any pain relief I got wasn't really worth selling my soul for.

I'm nearly 13 years free of pot and booze and I wouldn't swap my position now for anything.

I put up with a little pain now and again but exercise and diet have done good things for me.

I'm dead set against ever using MJ again for myself and I'm dead set against self medicating with anything.

Legal does not always equal good. I drive my doctor crazy with questions about *everything* I take.

But sounds to me like you've weighed it all up and you have a solid evidential based argument for continuing. that you believe in.

I'm not going to argue with you - you are not me and I am not you

I will say tho although the current position seems to be that MJ is benign I have definite lung damage from all the smoking I did.

If you want to continue self medicating I'd definitely look into other ways beyond smoking.

D