SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Ho'oponopono
Thread: Ho'oponopono
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #189 (permalink)
AlericB

I'm never really sure whether I believe in Satan and evil forces and so on. I feel I can't dismiss it because, for sure, the world doesn't operate as we sense it should. I think we both said this earlier when we spoke about children dying. Talking about things like that makes you say that this is just wrong.

The Christian picture of Satan, as I understand it, is of a non-human but non-divine kind of personal force which is determined to attack and destroy creation and people and God's ultimate purpose of remaking everything.

I don't know what I think of that but the older I get the more that seems a plausible explanation for some of the evils we see such as the institutionalised brutality of much of our society as well as individual acts of what does seem to be well described as evil.

As a Christian, I believe that evil has been ultimately defeated, but it seems to be doing very well at the moment! So I don't know. What do you think?
AlericB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlericB For This Useful Post:
Wholesome (02-09-2020)