View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Ayers

Saturday morning

Hi all, and thanks Dee, I too think all will be fine.

Bee, not painful as such, but just completely numb - for example can't open a bottle top, I drop things, and somehow it get's painful at night while sleeping and pain migrates to my elbow.

You and I are very much at the same stage of sobriety , and I can affirm that sometimes... sometimes I too have a pang, or craving - but I'm usually surprised at the occasions - because they usually aren't occasions at all. I'm fine being in crowds sitting around a table eating, drinking , laughing ... was fine the day we finally got home after my husband's accident ... but odd times, a Friday afternoon (alone) , it will grab me. See, I liked drinking alone - that's the thing.

I used to do translations for lip-sync , for dubbing of TV programs - 25 years ago. Got a call from a production house and I'm going to be doing it again - a Turkish series. It is already translated into English (get's done in London) but very ,very badly. And I then translate to Afrikaans, endeavoring to find words that match the lip movement. Having the meeting yesterday in Johannesburg - my old stomping grounds - seeing my old friends from the industry again - was hard. We most definitely would have ended the meeting by walking to our favorite hangout for a couple of drinks in the past.
But I bought a coffee, got in my car and drove back home - reminiscing ....

My gardener of 11 years, who has been so ill, passed away yesterday. I will miss him so much !!

Lovely soft rain here today. Think hubbie's golf will be cancelled .
Lots to be grateful for and happy to be on this path.XXXXXXXXXX