View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Indigochild

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
IC

I just read this entire thread again. I think I read it the first time when you updated in 2018 because I hit thanks back then.

Your first post Nov 2015 made me think of my own situation. I was with her back then but I was not reading online or a member yet on SR.

She like your BF was on methadone back then. Daily trips to clinic & on a high daily dose. Back then I didn't know the extent of it but she was also mixing in other drugs. Methadone is a powerful & long lasting drug. It does keep them somewhat on the mellow side even if they are mixing in stimulants. They get the buzz they are after but its not the same powerful buzz if there was no methadone in their system.

Back in June of 2017 as was the case with you my survival instincts also kicked in. I was at a point where I told her to just do me a big favor & run me over with the car I bought her. I was in no fear of death back then. But it did come down to a choice between me or her.

I literally had to crawl away from her. When I say crawl away - I mean crawl on my hands & knees.

Just want you to know that I can relate to where you've been. She still pops up now & then. She is still running with her hair on fire & chasing her addictions. And yes things have gotten progressively worse for her. Its mostly all posted here in this forum.

Im glad to read you finally broke free a month or so ago. Hopefully you will continue to stay clear.
HardLessons,

Thankyou. I have read a lot of your posts and I agree, I totally relate to how you feel, I feel what you feel through reading what you write. I sense your pain. Hopefully we will continue to be strong. I was happy to read you didn't respond the last time. These people are a hard habit for us to break, again the irony.

I hope you are OK. I am on the mend, I do believe it is going to take a while to fully recover to be honest. I am making it my aim to keep positive.

Always around to give support if needed

IC.