Old 02-07-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

1. Is marijuana considered mind altering? I truly have no knowledge of it since i have never smoked it in my life.
Late to the convo but yes. It's mind altering - otherwise why would anyone smoke it?

My sister smoked a lot of the stuff - she may even still be smoking it today although she swears up down and sideways that it's not happening. It's gotten to the point where she sees her kids maybe one afternoon a week at my parents' house while everybody else picks up the slack.

She basically gave up her kids and her husband for an unemployed pothead and they lived in the land of delusion for a good long while. They were going to open a restaurant. He was actually going to get a job. But it was all talk talk talk. When my mom got sick, she said she couldn't help because she was getting ready to get her house for sale, but when her ex-husband asked her when was she going to get the house ready for sale she said she didn't have time because she was taking care of my mom. The pile of lies that she generated at that time was astounding. There were times where she acted so cold and cruel (especially when she couldn't smoke it for a long period of time) it took my breath away. It left me so bitter and angry that I went straight to this site.

I've learned since then that my sister isn't going to be anything else but my sister, and until she herself is determined to really dig deep and face her own trauma as well as the trauma we shared (which she denies ever happened), there is absolutely nothing I can do.

I try, in my own imperfect way, to relay that to her children as well - who are definitely not at fault for the way she acted. They did absolutely nothing wrong and they deserve all the love in the world. They are smart, resourceful and faithful, and I hope to God that they don't attach their own self-worth to the way their mother treated them.

The same goes for you.