View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 09:09 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
CharlieNoogan

Hello Class of December 2012!

Checking in. I haven't had much personal need to be here lately (it says my last login was 10/2017), but I do feel like I have stepped away from the recovery community when I should probably be giving back at this point.

I hit 7 years no booze on 12/09/19. Not a single drink. I am confident that I have closed that chapter of my life for good, but it's still in the back of my mind that one slip could put me right back into the hell I was in before. This is what keeps me on track.

Life is exponentially better now. I met a wonderful woman 3+ years ago and now we are are a small family unit with her 7 year old daughter, which brings me so much joy. My career is on track with where I need it to be, despite the sabotage I did to it before. I even got licensed to sell real estate as a side gig which I never would have had time/patience to do when I was actively drinking.

I really hope this post doesn't come off as bragging, but I did want to illustrate that one day at a time works! Life will get better if you keep at it, make the right choices, and surround yourself with a good support system.

I hope there are other classmates still out there! You guys helped me so much when I really needed it. Love and best wishes!