Old 01-28-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alexbaby

Hi Trailmix,

I apologize for my very confusing post. I did it on my phone and it did not look as messy s it does now

Thank you for reading and replying. I am glad to be seeing these posts, I am not glad that others have to go through this, but seeing/hearing other people's experiences and words are helping me put things into perspective.

Your words ring true, he is a drug addict which makes him a liar. I guess I foolishly fell for the charm and the game. As I look back, I see the manipulation. At the time, I thought it was a sweet guy who loved and adored me, why else would he send 20 messages a day? But, you are right a drug addicts brain is altered and doesn't think right, he also suffered from bi-polar disorder.

I guess I thought that since he was so honest and open about his drug use that the rest of what he was saying had to be true

I guess the hardest thing to comprehend is that I would never have done such a mean thing to someone, I am not made that way. I feel as if he kept me hanging on until he got all that he could get from me. Once, he found someone else to get what he needed, I was no longer useful. But, as you say, he is a "drug addict".

The healing process is going to take some time. The counseling will help to not only understand the addict but the reason I allowed it to happen, I have to look inside myself. As sad as I am that he could walk away and not look back, I can see now that it is the best thing that he could have done for me. People keep saying that he will be back, who knows. All I know is, if he does come back, I want to be strong enough to not let him in..

Thank you so much for your words, this is really helping me.