Old 01-24-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Forwards

Hello weekenders. I'm in once again and grateful as always to be here. Thanks Mags for the thread - waking up sober never gets old.

Lots has been happening this week. I saw my alcohol counsellor for a catch up having not visited her for a couple of months. It went well and she is urging me to move forwards on all fronts. We discussed how my second year of sobriety will still be hard work, but of a different kind to my first. We're hopefully into a developmental phase now rather than just following my recovery plan as if my life depended on it (which it did...).

I've had some worries though as to how to cope with uncertainly in life now that I'm sober. In the past, my first recourse in handling any situation I could not control was to head to the pub for 'perspective'. Now I'm not sure how to cope - my numerous spreadsheets and plans can't help with the unknown and this is starting to worry me. I suppose this is the 'serenity to accept the things I cannot change' that I should be understanding by now. So far ODAAT has got me through but am I missing something here?

Anyway, this weekend I'll be seeing my family, hopefully solving a rather knotty software bug we've discovered in our main product, taking some long walks in the fresh air and doing some jobs around the house. All good, sober stuff.

Oh and Hi jr67 - Aardman Animations are a great British export - do have a look - http://www.aardman.com/

Warm wishes to all. Forwards.