View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Surrendered19

I have been thinking about that so much Tink. I realistically cannot quit my job in the short term because it would cause too much disruption for my kids. But they are off into the world soon and I fully intend to change careers. My job as an attorney is extremely stressful and it is a toxic profession steeped in conflict and zealous advocacy. It is a daily battle and it takes so much of your spirit. I am coming to realize that not only is it super-triggering for me, I just simply don't like it. Early in life and here and there since, I have worked in culinary industry in some fashion, and I was so happy every minute I did that. I am going to sell what I have to sell, pitch everything I own, get a small flat, and do that the rest of my life. My goal is that 5 years from now, I will be the guy making the sandwiches behind the counter and cutting up the game in back. I loved that life and never should have left it. My poor daughters are getting sick of my constant harping about making sure to spend this life doing what moves you and blows your hair back, money be damned.