Old 01-23-2020, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
helpfultoothers

Oh yes. I've read the book and I'm a love addict who gets highs from texting, and go to Al-Anon. My therapist is on leave, but before leave she wanted to delve into the texting thing more. It's not just with those with addictions. I get "hooked" on other men via texting where each text is a high, but not all men.

I have so much stuff including the big one - an eating disorder - that is fueled by male attention, that it is a challenge to go see the therapist and nutritionist, along with groups, etc. It's like a part time job on top of a full time job. The love addiction part I go to a web site, as SLAA meetings can be triggers where men 13 step.

Yes the texting here was intense and shows a red flag on my part. I just wish he didn't end it so quickly on New Years Eve and my daughter's birthday, and stick me with a plane ticket. Talk about a terrible day.

Is there hope to be friends, perhaps after some time? We share so many friends in common from high school that when photos or comment appear and his name is blanked out for me on Facebook, like he thinks I'm a crazy person.