Thread: Leaving AA
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 06:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
August252015

I'm just throwing in that here in 2020 we are years past the original of the BB and AA itself. That visual we have of dudes sitting around and saying stuff like "don't drink" and go to meetings was indeed what many of them did and as a result stayed sober; those same people are indeed pretty old or dead now (Whether they stayed sober) so what worked for them, or more importantly the life that would mean for which is not nearly enough, is dated.

I take the "I'm a real alcoholic" as something some people immediately click with - someone I respect very much always introduces himself that way and its his reminder that he isn't someone who can finagle his way out of being an alcholic. Works for him.

IME whether related to religion or AA any org, dogma happens and its because of people's implementation more than anything else.I always suggest reading those first 164p if you haven't and seeing what resonates - I hear a lot more people say that more does connect, if they're honest, than doesn't.