Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jr67

Dear Streaker: Welcome. Since I found SR by chance on my Day 5 I have learned and I continue to learn and learn and learn about substance abuse, recovery, our fellow travelers on the sober train, and myself.

Somewhere in this forum is a thread of mine that has the term The Big P in the title. If you care to read that you will understand why I must run now, and tear myself away from SR (maybe glancing over every once and a while), in order to throw myself into the pile of worky work (the paid kind) that awaits me.

I look forward to emeeting you egain soon. If you haven't already started, I suggest you spend time exploring the SR website, and inevitably learning more and more and more. Read others' posts, and feel free to post yourself, either in this thread or others.

Good luck. Quick Q (though I probably won't see your answer for a while if you decide to post one, but others will): Do you have some sort of support system to assist you in the early days of your sobriety, or have you thought about whether you might want to work on assembling one? SR is open 24/7, but it seems to me that for most people, SR is just one (important) part of their recovery plan.