View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 12:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Sam31p

Originally Posted by Auchieshuggle View Post
Sam, I understand about your family, and I am sorry to hear you've had such a bad time. However you need to get out and meet people - have you tried support groups, AA meetings, attending churches?

What about mindfulness, yoga or meditation? There are meditation videos on YouTube.

I am reading a good book by Dr Claire Weekes, titled Self-Help For Your Nerves. You can buy it on Amazon. Why not try reading that?

Unfortunately you have to help yourself if you want to improve. Best wishes and God bless.

Yep I've been trying since the day I was born. Never had friends, family were the only people I had who died, can't make friends as I have to struggle with the symptoms.

In fact I'm at a point where yes I'm alone and feel someone to talk to would be nice, but I don't want friends as such because the distress it causes me talking to people just isn't worth it.

I've done it all. In more than 10 years since seeking medical help I've tried exercise, eating healthy, avoiding caffeine, reading books, been on sites like moodjuice, tried Meds, had CBT, bereavement therapy.

One big reason why none of that works is because it's silly imaginary stuff. It's all very well sitting there doing yoga or mindfulness but I'm still the same nervous wreck after and my family are still dead and in the ground. It doesn't change my situation.

I've spent years trying to help myself and yet I'm still in this situation. Unfortunately just like someone who's had their legs removed or someone with a broken arm, professional help is needed rather than to do it on my own, because let's face it, what resources do I have?

Going to the vets would have been much more doable if I had a tiny bit of support. Not only was I there with horrendous symptoms but had to go through the upset of my dog being there. On my own. No support. Someone to give me a lift would have helped as I don't drive. Someone I could just talk to or phone up after the day there.....but no.....
Genuine question, what else could I have done to help myself regarding the vets?