View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 04:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Outonthetiles

Cleaning the house today, catching up on projects. Vaycay in three weeks so I like to hit it hard and get some breathing room at work. My work consists of multiple hard deadlines, it's the ultimate treadmill job, but I like it.
Riding my bicycle later today.
Re putting booze in drinks, that happened at a chain hamburger restaurant that rhymes with Dead Throbbin. It was Mrs. Tile's B day and the server put booze in a sundae or whatever they brought for us to share. We just left it on the table and didn't say anything because they didn't know any better, but it was still sort of suprising. Oh, there was another example of that in Cabo San Lucas at a restaurant we really like. We got to know the server because we've been there a bunch and one time he put booze in my Coke without telling me. I smelled it in time and just dumped it in the planter when he wasn't looking.
In the old days I would have gone off on somebody. "When I was 30, my attitude was bad, . . ." Since I've been sober I just roll with things a lot better. When I was drinking I had to be in control (an oxymoron, I know), and I didn't let things slide. I was a nightmare to be around. Today I like to think that I'm a much nicer person. I still have my moments, but I've learned to play nice.
Briansy, congrats on 50 days. That's tremendous. You should be having some big changes about now. Two months is a really nice milepost.
Re yelling at the liquor store, I used to actually flip off the ten or 15 places I used to get beer when I drove past them on the way home from work each day. That lasted for months. When I was strong enough in sobriety to be able to go down the beer or booze aisle at the store without danger of relapse, I'd take pics of me flipping off the booze and text it to the three or four peeps I text with in the Feb 2016 class. It was fun, but also really theraputic.