View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rockbottom1964

Bad Weekend Ahead...

7 o’clock on a Friday night and I already dread the rest of this weekend. Everyone here (all family in the three houses on the property) are either already drunk or drinking. My old dad (78) has already been drunk for at least two hours by now, and he has this horrible way of shouting/screaming at the stepmom; he has this way of fetching words right out of his lungs, so it sounds like he’s bringing up phlegm and puking at the same time. Sort of a Ghaaaa… sound when he shouts. It’ real ugly and I can’t wait for him to go to bed, which is sure to be in the next hour, thanks God.
I have two choices here, of course, and both would work. The one is to go buy my own bottle and join in the drinking (if you can’t beat them, join them); it would mean I’ll probably not care about my situation for one night at least and pass out like the rest of them. Or I could close my door and keep me and my two dogs away from the drunken world outside. I chose the latter and right now – still daylight here – I’m lying on my bed and writing this thread on SR. I’m really starting to hate alcohol with a passion…
37 Days clean and sober and I will NOT drink this weekend.