Thread: 80 hours
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 08:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
melki

Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
5 days in. Well, it’s a start!

I am sleeping, but at very odd times, but right now I’m just taking it whenever it comes. Appetite very good, and drinking lots and lots of water (and tea - hey, I’m a Brit!).

Feeling very depressed at the moment, not sure what about really. I guess coming to terms with the fact that I have to leave my old life behind, as dramatic and turbulent and full of regret and remorse it was, it’s the only life I’ve ever known. I’ve had an alcohol problem since my first sip at 15 so I really have no idea how to be a responsible adult, If that makes any sense? So I feel - burdened. Sorry to ramble, I guess I just feel transparency is more helpful than lies, and perhaps I can check back on this as I go and see progress. I hope, anyway.

Happy Sunday everyone
So happy to hear about your progress! Congratulations on day 5 and counting! I hope you continue to check in. What you write makes a lot of sense. When we were active alcoholics, we never matured into healthy adulthood and never developed healthy ways of dealing with life. Feeling sad is normal and totally OK. As you continue with sobriety, you will feel more and more confident in it and find your ways to build a new life. Life that will truly be your own and in which you will recognize yourself. ❤️