Old 01-11-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CRRHCC

Originally Posted by Devious0ne View Post
This is my first Saturday since I quit drinking, and it's the first time in forever that I've been up this early on a Saturday. I woke up about 6am, and by 7:30am was showered, dressed and everything. In the past I'd stay up till 2-4am drinking on Friday nights and wouldn't get out of bed until 12, sometimes later than that on Saturday's.

Nice to not only wake up without a hangover, but to actually know I'll get to enjoy the full day without feeling like crap!

Happy Saturday, all!
Good job! The evidence shows that most people, "Mature out," of their addictions.

The quickest route to changing starts with realizing that you aren’t really addicted and that your use is just a learned preference. Many readers won't agree but the fact is you don't get addicted to a substance unless you have learned it does something for you. The only way we will stop desiring heavy substances and change our behavior is by seeing and learning there is more happiness in the change than in the using.

When your values trump your addiction, there is no addiction! This is exactly why normal people can stop drinking and others are better off not drinking at all.