View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
aabh

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of activity here. I feel I should give an update about what I've been up to.

I've acquainted myself with a shredder.

I put every last photo, card, and anything from him in that shredder. I would have put him in there, too, but I digress. I've blocked every form of communication imaginable, including removing friends that I met through him for the time being. Every photo and email that I had from him I removed. I put a website and word block on all of my browsers in case I get weak and want to look at his social media. It's maybe extreme, but it's self-protection and self-care I feel. I've been to some healing therapy groups and will be in one for the next 8 weeks. This will all be difficult from the start I am sure, but I am sure I will get through it in the end. I've postponed my move until I feel confident in that. Who knows what will happen.

I read something about having three significant relationships/loves in one's life where the first is like that love that is somewhat like the kind in high school, the second being the hard as hell love where there will be deep pain in the end after repeating cycles, and the third is where you didn't see it coming and it just works. I can definitely say unequivocally that he was love number deux and now I know what I do and don't want and need. He said it was a shame that things ended this way and that he wished it was different, but I called b******t. It will take God himself literally coming down, snatching me up, and explicitly saying to me, "This is the man you are to be with. He's done his work and has changed." Pretty unlikely, non ?

Whatever the case, my healing can really take off now I hope. Wish me luck ! Thanks for everything, everyone.