Thread: Why not?!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Ok if we're gonna start problem-solving, I'm up for that. Another discussion about bringing the pup to Sister's home (calm, lead with your feelings, Sohard) is definitely in order.

Other practical thoughts:
1. Can everyone come to your place for MLK?
2. Could you skip this holiday and stay home?
3. Is it commutable? Could you drive up for a few hours for a couple of the days
4. Could you stay in a hotel?
5. How about if the pup hangs out in the car (I don't know where you are, so don't know if weather would permit that) and you visit him often? Poor option, maybe - I'm just brainstorming. Combo of 4 & 5 could work...
Nothing works unfortunately. Responding to your list of ideas (and thank you for those):
1. I travel to my sister bc my 80 year old mom (who lives in a non pet friendly condo) lives by her and can’t travel. So, they definitely can’t come to me.
2. I’m planning to skip MLK now. But, the same problem will exist whenever I’d like to come see both my mom and sister/niece/nephew. I don’t want to feel held back from family bc of a dog who I love, who is harmless, who has helped me get and stay sober.
3. Not commutable. A few states are between us.
4. Yes on hotel. But then screw it, why am I making such an effort?! I should get welcomed in their freaking home, to spend time with my niece and nephew and sister, and not shoved to a hotel bc of a DOG (and it’s nothing to do with the dog, it’s all my crazy brother in law).

My only option (as I see it) is to accept the situation as is. It’s just infuriating and wrong.

I know, people have much worse things to be upset about. Like, I could be my sister and married to my brother-in-law. Shudder.