Thread: Why not?!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 07:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Hey Sohard,

I think because you don't drink and you're never going to change your mind?

Great job coming here to rant.
Stomp your feet as much as you like. You're entitled.

Also, everyone is allowed a moment (or 1000 moments) of weakness. Doesn't matter in the least as long as you don't drink, which you didn't. So give yourself a break. In fact, give yourself a big old pat on the back. Break out the ice cream, plan to get your nails done tomorrow, buy something online, dance a jig. You did good, girl.

After you're done celebrating, let's not forget to problem-solve the problem at hand. It really got under your skin, so let's take a page from my recent lesson book and see what can be done about that, practically speaking and/or at the "feelings" level.

xo
O
thank you, thank you. Yes, I didn’t drink and shall celebrate that (later, perhaps with the manicure idea) after I get less pissed off. It’s just so stupid. I would do ANYTHING for the people I love. I literally can’t imagine telling a newly sober family member they couldn’t bring their pup with them if they were traveling to see me, and I also had a dog that their dog got along with. It’s literally beyond understanding. But now I’m getting myself all riled up again. The real truth is that my sister’s husband sucks and I know he is behind this. So I can’t let him win by not visiting my sister (as I won’t let him get in the way of my relationship with her), and yet I’m so frustrated she goes along with such a jackass. Deep breaths.