View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Deserto

Aww, grateful to log back in and see Daisy and Fearless had missed me. Ol' Deserto was just wandering around deserts, as he is wont to do.

Grateful to have turned on airplane mode for my soul and to have been largely offline over the holiday.

Grateful to have had a wonderful two weeks with the, ahem, girlfriend in New Mexico and Arizona. (She graduated from lady friend somewhere before the New Year. It was quite the ceremony.)

Grateful to have had a quiet, peaceful New Year in the Chiricahua mountains at a ranch where the wild turkeys left tracks in the snow like dinosaurs.

Grateful to have had a minor political argument with the girlfriend. Deserto sure can dig in all four heels when he senses he might be wrong but it was good for him to know that a difference of opinion doesn't mean he's going to be placed in the reeds like baby Moses and and abandoned because he sure does find it tiresome to have to rescue an entire people just to conceal the hurt in his heart.

Grateful to have a job I love but am rather ambivalent (at best) to have to go back to it today.

Grateful to be back online with all the Grat Pack! Happy New Year!