View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
Didn't want to push her over the edge
Ahem.
You know better than that.

It's comforting to know the teenage girl is in a healthy home and doing well. I hope she is accessing all support available to her. That poor girl has some serious baggage she's going to carry through this life thanks to her parent's extremely poor choices. My heart and best wishes go out to her.

I'm glad you decided to tell us about this contact HL. I think I know why you didn't want to tell us, I think you know why too. I was really worried when I started reading this post, but now by the time I got this far into it, I'm just slightly concerned.

Your boundaries sound strong. I hope you keep them shored up. You aren't looking at her through rose tinted glasses so that's good. She has known for a long time you were done bailing her out but yet again she has circled back around. She is looking for a resource. You know this.

I know this whole "her" situation has put an ache in your heart that will never go away. I live with that same kind of wound. Don't allow her to poke her fingers in there and dig around. It's only going to cause you more pain and it will not help her at all. She can still have a good clean life if that's what she chooses to do. That's nothing to do with you.

She contacted you just a few days ago and now, how much of your time is spent thinking about her again? Danger, danger, danger!!!

Stay strong friend.

*hug*