View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Cosima11

I also hesitate to jump in here but frankly don't see why the idea that psychedelics can induce spiritual experiences needs to be controversial. Somehow I already knew it was a factor in the creation of AA before ever coming to this forum and imo this should simply be common knowledge. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact.

On a personal note I've had many spiritual experiences in my lifetime, none of them have been religious. In that context they are "secular" but I don't believe the distinction matters unless there's an attempt to invalidate.. which I didn't see from Tatsy either. Just my two cents on that.

Tatsy, this is really random but I know you mentioned in another thread reading something about or from a tarot card.. I was into tarot for a while. My ex hated it, thought it was sacrilegious and complete bs. But one day he said ok you draw a card, then I'll shuffle and draw a card, and if it's the same one facing the same way (out of a deck of 78) I'll believe you. And then it happened. Was that a mere coincidence? It's possible but I think not.

Your experience sounds beautiful and I hope you'll explore it further if you feel compelled to do so.