View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 10:01 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
silentrun
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
I did read the entire thread and hesitated to continue with the curve it took because I'm not familiar with the culture in here, but felt moved to affirm Tatsy' s experience, whatever one wants to call it.

Additionally, I believe (but am certainly willing to be corrected) that the point of psychedelic therapy is to give the patient an experience akin to a 'spiritual awakening,' whatever one calls it. In other words, I think the point of this type of therapy is to chemically induce the type of experience three or four others described here and I recently experienced myself without the stuff?

And my confusion about Tatsy' s apology is that I see references to spirituality and various faith traditions throughout this subforum. So I didn't understand why anyone would be offended by her talking about an experience that happened to happen at mass. I wondered "Is that a 'valid' concern?"

I'm happy to leave that last thought right where it is. It's not important to me right now to understand this. I really was just feeling kind of... I dunno, protective of my friend and her self- consciousness about potentially offending someone by telling such a beautiful story.

There's was a real sense that there exists something within each sentient being that can't be degraded or enhanced. All of the ways we see ourselves and each other were just noise. Imagine what that could do for someone burdened with thoughts of self-hatred. I'm not sure what drugs would do that.