Old 01-02-2020, 05:04 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Tatsy,

I will thank you for your assumption of my power here on Permanent Abstinence because all I am actually doing is pointing out the Addictive Voice wherever I see it (within the limits of the SR rules).

I’ve mentioned several times in other threads that I think one reason the book “Rational Recovery, The New Cure” is as long as it is, is because of the massive the influence the Addictive Voice has in the English speaking countries.

Again, I will refer you to the fifth paragraph of the post just above your original question. Please read it carefully.

New posts usually attract about 20 views unless the thread becomes popular like the series of six AVRT threads of which this post is part.

This forum titled Permanent Abstinence gets a new visitor about once every twenty minutes. That has been going on for the last 20 months 24/7. And that does not include visitors to this duplicated series of six threads.

I suspect your negative feelings you have expressed in your post may be associated to the average belief in the English speaking countries about how people arrest their addictions, not how people become permanently abstinent.

GT
GT- I’m not sure you’re getting the gist of what Tatsy (I think) is saying. The reality is that most people in the country/world don’t use the term “Permanent Abstinent Based Recovery”. That’s a fact. So, people addicted to alcohol come on this site and flock to “newcomers” or the “Alcoholism” forum, not here. Why would they?! They don’t know it exists. I myself was lurking on SR for years before I accidentally stumbled upon “secular connections”, then I was again thrown and confused when my AVRT people were then directed to Permanent Abstinent Based Recovery. Frankly, it’s nuts and a bit shameful. It should not have been so hard to find the information I needed. The forum title is deliberately complex, to the point where it seems intentionally so (although perhaps subconsciously) in order to differentiate it from the more common AA. Make the thread title “For alcohol addicts who are looking for a way other than AA”. Then the people will be helped who need it. I bet Fresh Start would agree. Complexity holds no place here. Let’s make it as simple as possible.

I’m a teacher. Almost all schools have a “Code Red” that they say in order to practice for a terrorist and that they plan to actually announce over a speaker when/if there ever is a gunman. But new studies have proven the obvious. And this is that schools need to cut the bs and instead just state over the intercom “a man with a gun is shooting in the lobby”. This will save valuable seconds where people would have been thinking “huh? Code red? Like, for real? Or is it a drill?”

More lives could be saved here if people didn’t have to stumble upon something accidentally they didn’t even know existed so couldn’t have been looking for.

If I sound frustrated/annoyed, it’s because I am. There should be no discussion about the obvious.