View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Tigermama

My 24 year old is in rehab

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Sending you many hugs!
My 24 year old son is in rehab. Up till the middle of his Senior Year, I thought he was gonna be more like me, not his dad. He was on the honor roll in school. I never had to tell him to do his homework, he just did it. He kept his room clean & did his own laundry. He would even tell his younger brother to clean his room. Then, middle of his Senior Year, things started to change. He almost didn't graduate on time because he missed a final. I did get his father to intervene and talk to the teacher of the course & arrange to take the final he missed. He just barely got high enough of a grade in that course to still graduate. His father was a lifetime alcoholic who never managed to get sober & stay that way. I finally divorced him about 4 1/2 years ago after he relapsed again & cheated on me again, but this time after we had lost a son due to stillbirth. His dad moved on to worse things. Drugs instead of mainly alcohol & they did them together. They were both on probation for getting into trouble due to their drugs and both recently ended up back in jail for violation of probation. A social worker who works with individuals on probation was able to get my son into the rehab. Before he ended up in jail this time, he took my keys while I was sleeping & took my van. Something his father had done years ago & I used to put up with that & not call the police on him. This time, I was was like, I refuse to do this again! And I called the cops, knowing he had a warrant for violation of probation. He had brought a girl to my home only a week before that who had went in his brother's room & stole things from his room (or maybe his brother did it and blamed the girl) What chaos! I divorced his dad because I just couldn't deal with this kind of chaos anymore & didn't care to. I refused to put up with it from the son I raised that I knew was brought up better than that. I deserve a peaceful life without the chaos addiction brings. And so do all of you!