View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 11:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chanelskie

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
He asked you to throw it away, so why don't you? No need to return the paperwork if he doesn't want it. It's not your problem.

As for telling his family, what will that help? They know he is an alcoholic, none of it will be news to them.

To be honest it sounds like you are trying to hold on here and I totally get that, it's a huge shock and I'm sure you are hurt.

The first thing you might want to do is write a list of every terrible thing he has ever done and/or said to you. Just in point form, so when you start to think about the tiny "good" times, you can refer to the list, even 20 times a day if you need to.

Starting focusing all that care on yourself. Spend time with your own friends and family as much as possible. They might not understand your relationship at all, so no use explaining it if you don't think that would help, but being around people you like and that care about you and are "normal" can be really comforting.

When you said you "forgave" the money he owed you, you mean you stated to him he didn't have to pay you back? If so and you texted it to him, well that's proof. Otherwise you could try to sue him for it in small claims court perhaps.
Thank you for your advice I will do that list thing you mention . I have been spending time with friends & family to work on myself to be happy again and heal from all this pain that the ex has caused me.

I didn't want to throw away his personal documents after he ask me to because I'm afraid he would come back in the future and blame me for throwing away his stuff that he needs & create drama.

I feel like telling his family in a letter that I'm dropping his stuff off and to give it back to him and just want to be at peace with everyone. That way I can move on.

As for the debt, when we spoke last month he told me that he owes me nothing and lied that he paid everything. I said that I didn't want to pressure to pay me back as it could increase him to relapse again. But I waited to long to ask, he twisted everything. So i wrote in letter with his stuff that I forgive him for everything including the debt. It's not worth going to small claims after I found out hes in a lot of debt with the state like over $10,000 just for EDD and hes in debt for hospital bills as well as student loans. When he found out I knew about it, he got so mean and then blamed me I was acting out because I helped my mom with rehab and that was many years ago. I don't get why he would throw that in my face like it was so bad.