View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 09:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Chanelskie

Originally Posted by Nara View Post
In regards to the family let me share my experience with you. My ex’s mother would call almost every day and ask how much he was drinking. One day she suggested professional help. That’s when I realized there was a problem I wasn’t seeing. Sure enough, I was in a relationship with an alcoholic!

i just want to tell you a few things she told me, so you will see how they will not pick your side even tho they know the truth.

I wrote many letter to her, I never sent tho. But writing and reading out loud help to feel some relief. But it might just make things worse if you send. They might agree with what you say and all but still they will have his back.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry you went through that painful experience.
My ex mother didnt call me everyday but she would always want me to tell her everytime he would drink. I didn't tell her half the time but there were times I did and she wanted me to pick him up one day and drive him to her house cuz he was so drunk he wouldn't tell any of his family where he was. I didn't do that but they would call me asking where he was and I would say I have no idea because I didn't know.
The letter I wrote is about why i'm sending his stuff back and that she should give to him and that I enjoyed getting to know the family and wish them all the best and to be healing from all of it. I havent mailed the letter yet but I feel better writing it and that it'll get to family knowing I tried giving stuff back and theres a letter to show it. The ex may get mad but I dont want that negative stuff anymore. He got really mean the second I told him I had it and that he wanted me to throw it away and it's not my place to do so especially involving financial stuff and yearbook.