View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chanelskie

Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
It's a tactic. He wants to be able to have a reason to contact you and/or see you at some vague point in the future. Being held "hostage" by someone else's crap is very annoying. I've had it happen to me.

If I had the stuff packed and ready to go, I'd pay the postage and be done with it. I'd feel I had done the respectful thing by returning his things and could walk away guilt free. Don't expect any letters you write to his family to have any kind of positive effect. It really doesn't matter what lies he has told them, they will believe what they want to believe
But my question is why would he want to have a reason to contact me when he told me I was holding it as "leverage"? He got angry in his email and then he told me I was acting out because I helped my mom with rehab (which was years ago). Idk why he threw that back in my face. Then he also said he's very hesitant of having a relationship with me now or in the future. This was all said after I said i had his stuff including his financial stuff and yearbook and wanted to give it back to him in person so his family doesnt find it.

I don't expect any letter to bring positive effect.I just want the letter explaining why im mailing stuff back after he bailed. And that i want to go at peace and be on good terms with everyone. Is that a bad idea to write that?