SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Anna Is Reading...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 08:48 AM   #202 (permalink)
Anna
Administrator

Me by Elton John

I LOVED this book. What a great read.

Elton John has an addictive personality. He says he was bulimic, an alcoholic, a drug addict, a gambling addict, and a shopaholic. When he stopped drinking he says he became addicted to going to meetings because that's just how he is. But, he has gotten sober and remained sober for 29 years.

Elton is brutally honest in describing the good times of his life, his euphoric rise to stardom, his insecurities, his depression, the horrors of drug abuse, and the lifestyle of debauchery that nearly killed him. He is funny and I laughed out loud many times. And I wept all over again at the tragic deaths of his close friends, John Lennon, Princess Diana, and Giannni Versace.

I've watched interviews Elton has done and his book is written as if he speaking to you personally. I highly recommend it.

Marianne Williamson
Anna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:
Lucinda2 (01-17-2020), Maudcat (01-04-2020), Opivotal (12-29-2019), SnazzyDresser (01-04-2020)