Old 12-24-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by Vino88 View Post
Hi everybody!

First, I have to say that I am very happy that I found a forum which covers alcohol addiction. I have been looking for it for a long time.

Second, I am a 31-years old male and I think I have a serious drinking problem. I drink wine from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. Therefore I drink about 3-4 liters (!!!) of wine daily.

Each morning my first thought is: grab the wine, smoke a couple cigarettes and "enjoy" the day.

I have noticed that I need about half an hour after I wake up to drink cca, 0,75 l of wine to stop the shaking. My tremor has gotten really bad in the last 6 months. I can't even roll myself a cigarette, hold a spoon or a glass.

I have also noticed that I get into withdrawal very early. First thing that happens is sweating. Then comes the tremor which progress from mild to severe. If I am active, this happens at about 2 hours after my last drink, even though I might have drank 2 liters of wine before.

Then nights ... they are awful. If I go into bed at let say 10 pm, I wake up at 3 pm and can't sleep anymore. I have constant adrenaline rushes, I hear the music from outside, I have racing thoughts and I can't wait until the morning comes.

I need help, right? Wine starts to disgust me after a while. But I still keep drinking it just to prevent withdrawals.

So this is my current situation.

I had the shakes a few times. My hands wouldn't stop shaking. It was weird.

I've also woke up and felt my body shaking. Had the sweats

But I had no insurance and little money when I stopped drinking.

It was AA, a lot of meetings and a lot of coffee. Fortunately, it only took a short while before I started feeling better.

Remove the alcohol and I began to sleep better. No hangovers in the morning and no craving for that morning drink.

Given the amount you appear to drink on a daily basis seeing a doctor is a good idea. Assuming you have insurance and/or the money.

Take care.