Old 12-23-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
flower959

Does anyone else get anxiety about the holidays when it comes to your Alcoholic spouse? Do you worry about what's going to happen? My AH has extra time off around the holidays, and it just increases my anxiety. I hate that. I hate knowing that he's home when I get off of work. I wonder what I'll head into as I walk in the door.

There have been some updates since I last posted here. Things have transpired yet nothing has transpired. Does that sound crazy? I'm letting things run their course. We're fighting quite a bit now. It seems to get into a cycle. We fight, things get a little better, we slowly slip back into the "old ways", then we fight. It starts all over.

I'm now in counseling for myself. We talk a lot about my marriage. The counselor doesn't think that I'm co-dependent. She says that I definitely have some tendencies, but the label is too strong for me (her words). Interesting. I do think that I've improved on that area.

I'm just having a tough time lately. And the stress of the holidays just adds to it.