Thread: Holiday Rant
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 11:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
In any case there are skeletons from my past that need to be dealt with, and not just with the amends. It's almost a weird form of dissociation, dealing with trauma.. it's like there's a before and after and my entire life along with all my memories from my home state are defined or heavily tainted by those 2-3 years. I don't think there's a way to get through the re-immersion without inflicting some amount of pain and/or discomfort. I have tools to deal with that now but the knee jerk reaction is still there in a way..
I validate this
I validate this
I validate this

For me, it's not "almost like," it is dissociative to deal with trauma. Or at least has been. Turns out that's the only way I knew how. That or drinking. Or both.

I'm hoping there is a way you and I can learn to get through the re-immersion without any discomfort, but know that's going to take time and effort.

My first concern in your going home situation is you because I care about you. You already know what my unsolicited opinion is and you've already made up your mind about going. So off you go then with a hug and a kiss.

Come back to us safely.

O