View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bute

Hi BCSad,
Sorry to read about your daughter
My son , who is my addict, is almost 26, and currently in prison.
He was 20 when we asked him to leave the family home. Life had become positively unbearable with his drug use, plus he was dealing also.
He left with no argument, although I would have called the police to have him removed, if he had refused. He did return to my home over the initial months, not to live I have to say, nor did he get over the doorstep, but to attempt to get money, and became abusive and violent when refused - I called the police. I called them numerous times actually, and eventually that behaviour stopped.
No one wants to have to put their kid out of the family home, but addiction changes all the rules. It becomes survival to protect ourselves, our home and our belongings. His behaviour impacted on my health, and could have had an impact on our jobs. What then? Its madness to place ourselves on the sacrificial alter, for 1 persons behaviour. It wouldn't change a thing anyway.
Stick to your guns. It will be one of the hardest things you will ever do, but she leaves you no option.
Much Love
Bute x